Steam saunas have been around for centuries, but infrared saunas are a relatively new invention that blows them out the water. The list of infrared sauna benefits is huge and many people really enjoy the addition of this technology to their daily routines.
Infrared technology is unique in that it allows for light to heat the body and can be aimed at very targeted areas. There are even portable infrared saunas that make it possible to continue your routine while on the road for vacation or business.
Infrared Sauna Benefits
Here we will look at just a few of the most popular reasons people are using infrared saunas.
• Safety. The heater in a steam sauna, as well as the steam, can be dangerous and it is quite possible to burn yourself. This poses a particular danger if you have children in the house. On the other hand, infrared saunas allow for a gentler heat and aren`t as likely to burn anyone.
• Time. The amount of time you can stay in a sauna greatly depends on how much heat you can take. The average steam sauna is only bearable for up to 20 minutes, with many people unable to take more than 10. This means there is a limited amount of time to sweat and rid your body of toxins. The infrared sauna uses a gentler heat that penetrates about an inch and a half into the body, meaning greater benefits for a longer period of time.
• Health Benefits. There are a huge number of health benefits that are a direct result of infrared saunas. In fact, you`ll find that the infrared heat can cure many skin issues like eczema and acne, get rid of candida, and even relieves pain in the joints, making infrared saunas pretty popular for these reasons.
• Weight Loss. It`s no secret that saunas can help with weight loss. They do this in a variety of ways, breaking down toxins and fat cells and also by helping you sweat out excess water.
• Stress Relief. Today`s average adult suffers a lot of stress. There are bills to pay, prices are ever climbing and it just gets to be too much. A relaxing sauna treatment allows people a little time off to sit with there with their thoughts, no laptops or cell phones allowed and they can feel better.
• Energy. Thanks to the toxin releasing actions of a sauna, you`ll often have more energy afterwards. That, combined with weight loss makes for some added zip to your step and an extra bit of energy.
• Better Skin. Not only does the infrared sauna help with curing many common skin ailments, it`s also great for giving you that healthy glow. Since you will be eliminating nasty toxins that tend to clog up pores and make sink look dull, you`ll find that after a few treatments with an infrared sauna, your skin will really be brighter and healthier looking.
• Immunity. Did you know that infrared saunas can actually help boost your immune system? Getting rid of toxins and knocking out those bacteria that the immune system is normally fighting will allow your body to turn to things that really matter, invading viruses and bacteria.
Infrared saunas have proven their worth on the market and more and more people are finding that they enjoy using them and have also experienced many benefits and even cures for common problems like skin issues and yeast infections. Whether you use a public infrared or a home sauna version that you can install in your basement, infrared saunas have plenty of benefits that you won`t want to miss out on.