More people today are looking for a ways to relax and improve their health. One way of improving your health while benefiting from a unique social and entertainment activity is spending time in a sauna.
The following lists the benefits of using saunas:
1. Saunas provide a healthy way to detoxify and cleanse the skin. When one perspires, the skin pores open up and releases chemicals, bacteria, and toxins from the body which rejuvenates and restores the skin to a healthy glow. The skin is cleansed and there is an improvement in skin elasticity. It also helps prevent pores from blocking up and thereby reduces acne. With the help of sauna heaters, approximately a quart of sweat per hour is produced when in a sauna.
2. Saunas can help one lose weight. One can metabolize fat faster and sweating helps one to lose weight. As well, one can burn a significant amount of calories. The increase in the heart rate also increases blood flow and imitates easy exercise causing fat to burn. When in a sauna, approximately 600 calories are burned in 30 minutes.
3. The heat from saunas can relieve pain associated with such conditions as arthritis and joint pain. The muscles become more flexible because of the heat so sore muscles become relaxed. Arthritis patients often take steambaths as part of their treatment. The natural pain relieving chemicals Norepinephrines and Beta Endorphins are released causing a reduction in pain.
4 A sauna can lower blood pressure and improve circulation, the immune system, and metabolic rate. This increase in the metabolic rate helps the body release impurities. As well, sitting in a pre-fab sauna can speed up the healing of wounds and other injuries such as bruising.
5. A sauna is beneficial for people suffering from sinus problems because the steam opens up nasal passages and allows the free flow of mucus. It is also beneficial for people suffering from chest colds as it breaks up mucus in the chest allowing one to breathe better.
6. Saunas are a great stress reliever. They are very relaxing and cause tension and stress to fade away.
7. Outdoor saunas provide a great entertainment activity. Friends can get together after a difficult day at work or with the children and relax and enjoy each other’s company. It is also a great romantic way for a couple to spend time together.
8. During a woman’s menstrual period, a sauna is known to eliminate or decrease stomach cramps and heavy blood flow.
9. A sauna will help fight off a cold or flu. When you are in an infrared sauna, the heat mimics that of a fever. This triggers the immune system to increase the production of white blood cells to fight off infection and illness. This is especially beneficial during the cold and flu season.
10. A sauna can also help with controlling one’s appetite and improving one’s sleep patterns.
The many benefits of using a sauna make it an essential part of maintaining a healthy lifestyle.